Who Are We?
Clermont County Public Library began library service in 1955, with a bookmobile and a small office as its first facilities. Since then, the library system has expanded to 10 locations, achieving a goal of the Library Board to have a library within fifteen minutes driving time of all Clermont County residents.
The library is governed by a seven-member Board of Trustees appointed by the Clermont County Commissioners and the Judges of the Court of Common Pleas. The board, in turn, hires the library director who implements policies and oversees operations.
Clermont County Public Library receives its revenue from several sources. The state legislature provides the majority of the funding from its biennial budget, while additional money comes from local property taxes. CCPL passed a $.9 Mil operating levy in 2008. Library fines and fees provide the last, and smallest, portion. More information about the funding.