Library Exhibits and Displays
The Clermont County Public Library develops displays and exhibits on a regular basis. This is done to promote use of the Library's collection and to highlight its diversity; to bring attention to special or under-used aspects of the Library; to make it easy to find information on topics of current interest; to celebrate special occasions or activities. Such displays will, where applicable, reflect a variety of viewpoints and cultures. Permission for the public (groups or individuals) to use the Library's display space may be given for educational, artistic and cultural materials. Permission may also be given to groups to use the Library to serve as a collection or distribution site for civic endeavors.
Displays must be in keeping with the mission and goals of the Clermont County Public Library. Application for use of a display place is made at the branch or administration level. Displays will be accepted, rejected or limited by a decision from the Library director(s) or a designated staff member. Unless otherwise stated, the Library is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to materials on display, and the applicant must sign a release to this effect.
Requests will be considered in the order in which they are received and the following factors will be examined:
- Relevance to community needs and interests
- Suitability of physical presentation
- Suitability of the subject matter
- Quality of the presentation
- Space requirements
The following categories are specifically excluded:
- Partisan political exhibits or those of a sexual, pornographic nature or those that appeal to prurient interests.
- Exhibits advocating a position on ballot issues, except for the Library's own issues.
- Displays which promote or sell a product or company
(Note: Paintings, sketches and other art creations may contain the name and contact information of the artist.)
- Displays or Exhibits containing prices on items
- Display space may be reserved for up to one year in advance, but in general, a community group is limited to one display a year.
- Displays or exhibits not sponsored by the Library are limited to 30 days or less. (More time can be allotted at the discretion of the director)
- The Library reserves the right to limit the size, number of items and the schedule of exhibits or displays.
- The following statement will be posted at all non-library sponsored exhibits or displays:
Exhibits are offered as a community service and do not carry the endorsement of the Clermont County Public Library.
Approved by CCPL Board of Trustees, July 8, 2002