Are you looking for a great gift from your kitchen? Why not try some Mason jar cookies. With a little time and effort you can create wonderful gifts for all the cookie lovers on your list. To get you started, check out the book, The Mason Jar Cookie Cookbook by Lonnette Parks. Have fun!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup sugar
¾ teaspoon baking soda
Wash and dry a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar. Layer the ingredients into a canning jar as they are listed above , pressing firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition. Try to make your layers as level as possible. Secure the lid. Tie a bow around it all and you have an instant gift. It would also be helpful to type out the additional ingredients and instruction to give along with the jar.
To make the cookies you will need these additional ingredients:
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Place all of the jar ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and stir until well combined. Set aside.
3. Place the butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl, and cream with an electric mixer set on low or mix with a fork.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and mix with a spoon until well combined.
5. Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
6. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until light brown in color. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
7. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Yields : 2 ½ Dozen cookies