- Think back to a time when you saw a stranger say or do something that that caught your attention. Write one page from the stranger’s point of view about what they are doing and why.
- A jewel-encrusted box is found in an ancient abandoned temple. Describe the box, what is in the box, and the temple. See where it takes you.
- Take some time out of your day to people watch. This works especially well in a coffee shop, restaurant, or some other public place where interaction is the norm. Jot down observations about the people around you. Describe a loner, a couple, someone how works in this public area. How do they interact? What’s their body language say about them at this point in time? How does the employee react to those around him?
- Three characters enter a room; an old embittered woman, angry at life and full of regret, a young idealistic boy, and a mother of a newborn baby. How does each character describe the room?
- Begin with the words, “have you forgotten me?” Write for 25 minutes.
Five Words – create, east, novel, express, share