While perusing the internet for something yummy to bake, I came across the website Just A Pinch and found a recipe for Peachy Keen Bars. This makes a light, refreshing dessert; perfect for hot days.
Peachy Keen Bars
||dry cake mix-white, yellow or french vanilla
||butter, room temperature
||can light peach slices, drained
||cream cheese, room temperature
||pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9×13” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix with fork just until crumbly.
Set aside 1 ½ c. crumbs for topping.
3. Press the remaining crumbs on bottom of prepared pan; Bake 10 minutes
4. Cut peach slices into 1” pieces; Spoon onto partially-baked crust.
5. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract; beat with
mixer until creamy.
Spread over top of peaches.
6. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs; Bake 30 minutes.
7. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Store leftovers in refrigerator.