Join us for Amelia Library’s writers group on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. There are some fun activities coming up in the next few months for writers so be sure to come to learn all about them.
We will have a speaker at our meeting who has self published. He will talk to the group about his experiences and share some tips and techniques that worked for him.
If you have writing to share, please bring copies.
Prompts for September 11, 2012
I want to try something a little different for prompts this month:
Start your story with this phrase: I am still looking for the silver lining.
- Story setting: on a veranda
- Include these words in your story: debris, nun, cheer, zipper
- Start your story with this phrase: The last time it snowed
- Story setting: in a village
- Include these words in your story: global, native, granny smith apple, Germany
- Start your story with this phrase: Looking out the window
- Story setting: at a tea room
- Include these words in your story: cloudy, United States, lava, oregano
- Start your story with this phrase: With legs like
- Story setting: at breakfast
- Include these words in your story: inflated mastodon, reverse strike
- You’re on a top-secret spy mission—for your grandmother. She can’t make it to her Monday Night Bingo (you tell us why), but she’s certain that one of the regulars is cheating, and she sends you to check it out. Conduct a covert operation to catch this cheater in the act.