November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) during which participants challenge themselves to write an entire novel by the end of the month.
If you’re taking up the writing challenge, we have programs to help!
- Children’s Book Night on Nov. 1 at 5:30p.m. at the Union Township Branch. Panels of authors and illustrators will discuss their craft. Free and open to the public. Call 528-1744 for details.
- Peter Leonard visits the Williamsburg Branch on Nov. 7 at 7:00p.m. where he’ll talk about writing. Call 724-1070 for more information.
- Local author JS Bailey will be at the Union Township Branch on Nov. 26 at 6:30p.m. to discuss writing and the route to publication. For more details, call 528-1744.
- The River City Writers’ Group meets the first and third Monday of every month at 6:00p.m. at the New Richmond Branch. Call 553-0570 for more information.
- The Tween Literature Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at the New Richmond Branch at 7:00p.m. Each meeting includes time for creative writing exercises. Call 553-0570 for more details.
- The Creative Writing Group meets every Thursday at 10:30a.m. at the Williamsburg Branch. Each week there are new writing prompts and other writing exercises to get your creativity flowing. Call 724-1070 for more information.