I have been craving Mexican food which ties into the easy soup recipe I have to share with you.
I received this recipe from my sister-in-law. It is a favorite dish of hers to make for company. She leaves the soup on the stove for guests to help themselves and add the yummy toppings she has lined up on the kitchen counter. Although this recipe has a lot of green chilies it is mild and has a distinctive Mexican flavor.
My husband and I both loved the Taco Soup. I hope you do too! Enjoy! Buen Apetito!
See You Next Month! Meet Me In The Kitchen!
Lisa, The Gourmet Librarian
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 cups diced Onions
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans Pinto Beans
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Pink Kidney Beans
- 1 (15.4 oz.) can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Mexican-style Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced Tomatoes with Chilies
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans diced Green Chilies
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 (1 oz.) package Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 (4.6 oz.) can Black Olives, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup Green Olives, sliced
Brown and drain the ground beef. Add chopped onions and cook until the onions are wilted. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook for at least a half an hour. Serve soup in bowls and allow family or guest to garnish with their favorite toppings.
- Tortilla Strips
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Sliced Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese.