What’s changed at the library due to COVID-19
COVID-19 is changing how the Clermont County Public Library serves our patrons and our communities. We want to provide the safest libraries as possible by mitigating the risk of COVID-19 exposure. To do that, we made the very difficult decision to temporarily close our buildings to the public.
- If your card needs to be renewed, the Library extended the expiration date until June 1.
- Plus, for each item you have at home, the due dates are being extended automatically. So, please don’t worry about overdue fines.
- Right now, we are not accepting returns of checked-out items. However, we want your items back. We will let you know when you can return your items.
- Don’t worry about your holds. We will make sure you get them when we reopen.
- At this time, the Library is not accepting donations.
- Unfortunately, all programs, classes and Library meeting room events are canceled until April 20.
- If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com or call our Library Account Helpline at 735-7144.
Our Library leadership is watching reports from the Ohio Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control and the Clermont County General Health District. Recommendations made by three agencies will be followed as the COVID-19 virus pandemic develops. Please watch our website and Facebook page for updates. Also, follow the Ohio Department of Health at coronavirus.ohio.gov.
Services available from home
The Library encourages you to use our large collection of digital resources:
- Overdrive with Libby App for books, audiobooks, movies and more
- Hoopla – no wait for items like audiobooks, movies, TV shows and more
- RBdigital – may offer shorter wait times than Overdrive for digital books, audiobooks and magazines
- Freading – for digital books for adults and children
For informational resources, try:
- Hobbies and Craft Reference Center
- Transparent Languages
- Teaching Books
- World Book Early Learning (kids)
- Explora (kids)
Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this unprecedented time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Library open?
No, our 10 branch Libraries are temporarily closed to the public. All programs and meeting room events also are canceled.
Can I return things?
No, you can’t return items until further notice. We will let you know when you can bring items back. We do want the items back. Please don’t worry about fines.
When will events at the Library begin again?
All Library programs and meeting room events are canceled through April 20, 2020. Please follow the Library’s website, clermontlibrary.org, and our Facebook page for updates. Please use the SUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of our website to sign up for email updates.
Can I still book a meeting or study room?
At this time, unfortunately, you cannot book a meeting room or study room. Once the Library is open again to the public, you will be able to reserve the rooms.
Can I still check out physical materials?
Because the Library is temporarily closed, patrons cannot check out physical items at this time. Please use our website to take advantage of our large selection of downloadable books, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, magazines, comics and more.
Will I be fined for overdue materials?
No. The Library has extended the due dates on all checked-out materials.
Is the Library accepting donations?
No. Please hold on to your donations right now. We will accept them at a later time. We will let you know when to bring them back.
Can I sign up for a Library card digitally?
Yes. You can use this link to sign up for an eCard. Once the form is completed, you’ll receive a Library card number in your email. You can access the Library’s digital services immediately after receiving your confirmation email. The eCard can be used to access the Library’s digital collections. If you would like to check out physical items once the Library re-opens, simply visit your local branch and convert the eCard into a regular Library card. You only need an eCard if you don’t already have a regular library card.
My Library card needs to be renewed. What can I do since the Library is temporarily closed?
The Library has extended the renewal date on all cards until June 1.
What resources are available online?
We have a large selection of digital resources available for free 24/7 with a Library card. The items include books, audiobooks, movies, music, magazines, comics and more. Visit our Digital Library page for more information.
Can I complete the Census at the Library?
Because the Library is temporarily closed, you will not be able to complete the census at the Library until it reopens to the public.
You can fill out the U.S. Census digitally by visiting 2020census.gov.
How can I get updates about the Library’s operations?
To access all Library service updates and resources regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), please visit our website, clermontlibrary.org.
Also, please visit the following websites for more information: