Explora at your library – when you need trusted information
Do you need credible sources for school or research? Are you a teacher at a Clermont County school? Do you want to learn about important topics, but you unsure how to narrow your search?
You have access to full-text, scholarly resources on any number of subjects and interests. Explora for Public Libraries provides digital access to several educational databases (including Business Source Complete and Consumer Health Complete). It’s all accessible with your library card!
- Head to clermontlibrary.org on your smartphone, home computer, or on any public computer at your local branch
- Hover your mouse over the “eLibrary” tab at the top of the library’s homepage (a list of options will appear)
- Select “All databases/eResources”
- (Note: Several videos on the databases provided by CCPL are available on this page. A video is available for Explora that walks you through the registration and search process)
- Select “Explora” from the alphabetized list
- If you are not using Explora on a library computer, you’ll need your library card number
Use Explora’s search bar to find topics that interest you. For example, if you search “succulents,” several articles from a variety of academic sources and periodicals appear in full text and PDF formats.
When you find a title that interests you, you can view the full text by clicking on the title, emailing the document to yourself, or saving the file in your own folder. You also have the option to print the document directly from Explora.
Explora provides simplified access to the digital sources that provide trustworthy information.
If you’d like to use Explora but aren’t sure how to, contact your local library for a Book A Librarian session.
You might also enjoy