Learning new skills and staying up-to-date on various topics are essential to your career, personal growth, and lifelong learning. To help you achieve those goals, the Clermont County Public Library provides access to Lynda.com. You have access to instructional videos for a variety of professional and personal skills. Lynda.com is usually sponsored by LinkedIn with a monthly fee; however, with your library card, Lynda.com is free.
- Head to https://www.clermontlibrary.org on your smartphone, home computer, or any public computer at a CCPL branch
- Follow “eLibrary” tab -> “All databases/eResources” -> “Lynda.com”
- Once on the login page, enter your library card number and PIN
- Next, search for skills, software, business strategies, and many other topics in the search bar. Some popular training videos include Microsoft Excel, HTML, WordPress, Social Media Marketing, and Time Management
- On the homepage, you will see a table labeled “Popular Learning Paths.” These options provide pre-sorted training videos that are related each other or complement each other. A couple examples of these include “Become an SEO Expert” and “Become a Web Designer”
- You may also hover your mouse over a video’s thumbnail image, which gives two options: “Preview” and “Watch Now.” The preview option allows you to see right away if the video is what you need
- You can narrow your search by selecting different skill levels (Beginning, Intermediate, etc.) and video lengths (<10 minutes to an hour)
- Also, if you wish to watch videos in a certain order, Lynda allows you to create and save playlists. The steps for adding videos to your playlists are available in the left-hand column of Lynda’s homepage
Lynda.com provides thousands of options for streamlined, visual information that is accessible anywhere for library card holders. As always, library staff are happy to help you access and navigate the library’s many digital databases and find the information you need.
You might also enjoy