The existing Milford-Miami Township Branch Library will close for the last time at 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018. This will give staff time to move materials to the new location. Book drops will no longer be available at 1099 Ohio 131 after Jan. 20.
Materials can be returned to these nearby libraries:
- Goshen, 6678 Ohio 132, 722-1221
- Owensville, 2548 U.S. 50, 732-6084
- Union Township, 4450 Glen Este-Withamsville Road, 528-1744
The new Miami Township Branch Library, 5920 Buckwheat Road, will open its doors to the public for the first time at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 17.
Inside the new branch, residents will find many new features that will enhance their library experience. Residents also will find their favorites: Lots of books, movies, music and more. The staff can’t wait to show you the new library.
The history of the Clermont County Public Library in Milford and Miami Township
The Milford Branch Library was the first walk-in location offered by the Clermont County Public Library.
This library evolved from the one created in the early 1900s by the Milford Village Improvement Society at 19 Water St. as a private library.
CCPL was formed in 1955 and offered two bookmobiles. In 1959, the library trustees began talking with the Milford library trustees and that fall, the existing facility became the first CCPL walk-in branch.
More space was needed soon after and the former Ohio Valley Egg Co-Op property at 934 Lila Ave. became available. Thanks to a $200,000 grant from the Library Services and Construction Act, the facility was converted to the Milford Branch in 1983.
In 1996, space constraints and structural problems forced the library to search for a new location. The old Rock Bottom Grocery Surplus building at 1099 Ohio 131 provided much needed space. The library reopened Jan. 16, 1997, with a new name better identifying its expanded service area: the Milford-Miami Township Branch Library.
In 2018, for the first time, the library serving this community will be brand new. It will feature a computer lab, a maker lab, study rooms, a large meeting room and a bright children’s area. A quiet room and coffee café will be highlights of the new facility, along with room in the back of the building for the library’s administration offices and support departments.