Booklovers Podcast: Resources for Job Seekers
During this episode of the Booklovers Podcast, Andrea and I are joined by representatives from Clermont County organizations that provide resources for job seekers, training and career development.
To learn more about In Demand Jobs Week, May 6-10, 2019, visit their website.
- Ted Groman from Ohio Means Jobs. Provides employment and training services for all residents of Clermont; up to and including provision of education and training grants for qualified residents.
- Stacy Sheffield from Workforce Investment Board. Brings together business, education and community leaders to establish standards that continuously improve workforce development and the successful connection of the businesses and job seekers.
- Matt Van Sant from the Clermont Chamber of Commerce. Works to make Clermont County the preferred place to locate, operate, and grow a successful company to create jobs for our residents and to grow the tax base to support our public needs.
- Laurie Henry from the Clermont County Public Library. Provides several resources including one-on-one assistance, access to online training and resume creation, and Wi-Fi and Internet access.
- Sarah Taylor from Great Oaks Career Campuses. Provides innovative career training to empower individuals and communities. Assists with preparations for an in-demand career. Offers high school career programming and part and full time adult career programs.
- Monika Royal-Fischer from UC Clermont. Offers career pathway development, experiential learning (internships) and job readiness and placement consulting.
Library Job Search Resources
Optimal Resume: Free resume and cover-letter creation with video resumes, online hosting of electronic resumes and electronic portfolios; videotaping of practice interviews.
Lynda.com: High-quality online instruction on in-demand topics including productivity software, data analysis, and computer programming.
The McGraw-Hill School and Career Exam eBooks: Provides study guides for exams to get necessary credentials.
Computers with Microsoft Office and Internet access.
Book-a-Librarian: One-on-one assistance from a library staff member.
Clermont County organizations provide many resources for job seekers, training opportunity and career development.
Please rate and review our podcast. When you do that, it helps other listeners discover the Booklovers Podcast.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode! Like a great book, our podcast can be shared.
You might also enjoy
- Booklovers Podcast: Free access to Lynda.com
- Free help writing your strongest best resume
- Create a LinkedIn Profile