The Clermont County Public Library is seeking submissions for the annual Short Story Contest. Entries will be accepted between January 1, 2020 and January 31, 2020.
Short Story Judging
The competition is open to original, unpublished short stories between 1,000 and 2,500 words.
Submissions should be suitable for a general audience.
Please submit only one entry per person.
The contest is divided into the Teen category (ages 11-17) and the Adult category (18 and over).
Manuscripts will be read in a blind format where the judges do not know the names of the authors of the stories they are reading. Please do not include your name in your manuscript document.
Submissions should be double spaced and in a legible font. PDFs, Word Docs, Word Docx, and Txt files will be accepted.
First-, second- and third- place winners will be announced on April 20, 2020, and the stories will be published on the library’s website.
- First-place winners receive a $150 gift card.
- Second-place winners receive a $100 gift card.
- Third-place winners receive a $50 gift card.
Submit your story
Visit the Submittable site to submit your short story.
You might also enjoy
- 8 Best Books About Creative Writing
- Flash Forward: Writing Short Fiction
- Podcast Writers Groups at Your Library